Home > Departments > Food and Nutrition
Food and Nutrition
- The syllabus aims for Food and Nutrition are
- To develop students’ understanding of the principles and concept of a balanced diet in meal planning.
- To develop students’ understanding of the relationship between nutrition and health.
- To develop students’ understanding of the importance of making informed food choices regarding a healthy diet.
- To develop students’ understanding of the principles of food science.
- To equip students with the knowledge of the scientific principles underlying food preparation, processing and safety.
Subject content & Assessment
Written Paper Component - To test students’ knowledge of theory and practice in accordance with assessment objectives.
Format of written paper:
- Section A: Short-answer type questions
- Section B: Structured type questions
- Section C: Open-ended type questions (essay)
Coursework Component - To test students’ ability to apply a range of process skills, such as the ability to synthesise knowledge and evaluate the outcome of a completed task.
Coursework Folio Part A
Students will be given a task question where they need to analyse, plan and carry out research in which they ask questions and examine issues, gather, record, collate, interpret and evaluate data.
Coursework Folio Part B
Students are required to construct an experiment. Students are required to select and use appropriate methods/techniques to produce and conclude the results of their experiment.
6087 FOOD & NUTRITION GCE ORDINARY LEVEL
6072 FOOD & NUTRITION GCE NORMAL ACADEMIC LEVEL